- 4 large artichokes
- 4 ounces ground veal
- 2 ounces pancetta, diced
- 2 chicken livers, chopped
- 1 handful soft part of bread, soaked in milk
- 1 egg
- Chopped parsley
- 1 cup stock
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
- Eliminate the tough outer leaves from the artichoke. Remove the hairy choke from the center of the artichokes, and trim the stem to the base. Prepare the Filling
- Chop the artichoke stems, and combine in a bowl with the ground veal, pancetta, chicken livers, soaked crumb, the egg and 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with a pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and stuff into the artichokes.
- Place in a baking dish and season with salt. Drizzle with 8 tablespoons of olive oil, and pour the stock over.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for about 1 hour, basting with the cooking juices throughout the cooking process.