This sweet-meets-savory pasta salad makes a good side when serving an outdoor meal. Nothing here to spoil if left out while you enjoy your meal and guests.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 8 ounces ditalini pasta, or other small pasta shapes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons blood orange vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 ears corn, cooked and kernels cut off the cob
- 2 Haas avocados, sliced and tossed with lemon juice
- 2 large peaches, quartered or sliced and tossed with lemon juice
How to Make It
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a measuring cup with a spout, blend the oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Drain and cool the pasta. If pasta starts to get dry, toss with a tablespoon of dressing.
- Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl or platter. Place the corn, avocados, and peaches on top of pasta; toss lightly with dressing. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.