If you are in a hurry to get out the door in the morning, grab one of these to go. Better yet, put a few in your briefcase or backpack to munch on during the day.
- Yield: 12 muffins or 24 mini muffins
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1-½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup milk, plus more if needed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup peeled and chopped peaches
- ½ cup chopped pecans
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a small measuring cup with a spout, combine the egg, milk, vanilla, honey, and butter. Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and pour in the milk mixture. Stir until just combined. Fold in the peaches and pecans. Batter will be slightly stiff.
- Using a scoop or spoon, divide batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the middle of the muffins comes out clean. Serve warm with Honey Butter and preserves; or enjoy them as they are.