- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup self raising flour
- 1 (440 gram) can pineapple rings,
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- drained and juice kept
- Extra butter, for greasing
- 2 eggs
How to Make It
- Using butter, generously grease base and sides of a 4.5 quart camp oven.
- Sprinkle brown sugar in the base of camp oven. Layer pineapple rings over the sugar.
- In a bowl, add butter and half cup of sugar, beat well. Add vanilla and stir.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each.
- Add self raising flour and reserved pineapple juice, stir to combine. Carefully spread cake mixture over pineapple rings. Cover and bake on a medium heat for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove camp oven from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before turning out onto a plate or board to serve.