- Yield: 6 Servings
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14½ oz cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 oz can tomato paste Garnish: fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make It
- In a 2-quart saucepan, bring water to a boil. Whisk in cornmeal and salt; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, whisking constantly, for 3 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in steak seasoning and ¼ cup cheese. Spread cornmeal mixture in a greased 13"x9" baking pan; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown beef with onion and zucchini in oil; drain. Stir in tomatoes and tomato paste; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often. Spoon beef mixture over cornmeal mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Garnish with parsley.