- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 8 oz uncooked whole-grain or spinach fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled (tails left on, if desired), deveined
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas (from 12-oz bag), thawed
- 2 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 4 slices whole-grain baguette French bread, if desired
How to Make It
- In Dutch oven or saucepan, cook fettuccine as directed on package, omitting salt and oil. Drain and return to Dutch oven; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Add shrimp, broth and peas. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until shrimp are pink and peas are hot. Stir in tomatoes, lemon peel, nutmeg and salt.
- Add shrimp mixture to fettuccine in Dutch oven; toss and heat through. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with baguette slices.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.