- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh kale, chopped; reserve 1 tablespoon, for garnish
- 1 large Yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons spearmint leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika, for garnish
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.
- Add the water or vegetable broth, kale, potato, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and spearmint and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the potato from the soup; place in a blender or food processor with some of the cooking liquid and purée until smooth.
- Return to the soup and stir until well blended.
- Garnish with chopped kale and paprika.