- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6-8 leeks, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 4 cups water
- 4 potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground marjoram
- Sea salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and sauté the leeks, garlic, and celery until the leeks are translucent.
- Add the water, potatoes, parsley, basil, thyme, marjoram, salt, and pepper and cook over low heat until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove half the potatoes and leeks; purée in a blender or food processor with 1 cup of the soup, and return to pot.
- Stir well and serve.