This pressed sandwich can be made a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve just be sure to layer the red bell pepper strips between the prosciutto and cheese to prevent the bread from
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 14 Minutes
- 1 (16-ounce) ciabatta
- 6 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 cup drained bottled roasted red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 8 (0.75-ounce) slices mozzarella cheese
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Slice ciabatta in half horizontally. Hollow out top and bottom halves of bread; reserve torn bread for another use. Spread Pesto over bottom half of bread. Layer prosciutto, bell pepper strips, and cheese over pesto; sprinkle with pepper. Replace top half of bread. Wrap loaf in plastic wrap and foil, and place on a plate; top with a heavy skillet filled with heavy cans. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove foil and plastic wrap; cut sandwich into 8 pieces.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.