Unlike typical mayo-heavy coleslaw recipes, there’s no soggy cabbage here! This slaw is light, zippy and super crunchy from first to last bite.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- ½ lb (225 g) red cabbage
- 1 cup (85 g) thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1 cup (85 g) thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (4 g) minced fennel leaves
- 1 tbsp (6 g) minced fresh dill
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp (2 g) chopped fennel fronds
- 2 tsp (2 g) dried dill
How to Make It
- Use a mandoline to slice the cabbage thinly. Cut the fennel root in half and slice thinly with the mandolin, then do the same with the red onion.
- Toss the cabbage, fennel and red onion in a bowl with the remaining ingredients. You can serve the slaw immediately or refrigerate it, covered, overnight for the flavors to all meld together.