This combination is absolute heaven. Creamy pine nuts, sugary pears, and slightly bitter radicchio make for a divine smoothie. The lemon juice really brings the whole thing to life. With this list of ingredients you’d never guess how popular it is with a wide audience. Try it on picky adults and kids and see how quickly they are won over.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 8 each medium pears, cored
- 1 cup radicchio leaves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- ¼ tsp finely grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup ice 2 cups or filtered water
- 1-inch radicchio leaf pieces for garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except the garnish in a high powered blender.
- Start on low, and then increase the speed to high. Blend until smooth. For Garnish
- Top each glass off with a radicchio leaf, and then serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.