This recipe is great for getting everyone to eat more vegetables!
- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- 16 oz pkg penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1-inch thick
- 2 yellow squash, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1-inch thick
- 2 red peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- 3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
How to Make It
- Cook pasta according to package directions, just until tender; drain. Meanwhile, combine vegetables in a greased 13"x 9" baking pan. Drizzle with oil and season with salt. Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring once or twice, until golden and caramelized.
- Add cooked pasta to vegetable mixture along with 2 cups mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Toss to mix well. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.