- Yield: 1 quart (1 liter)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons loose-leaf rooibos tea (or 6 tea bags)
- Pure maple syrup or raw honey (optional)
How to Make It
- Pour 4 cups / 1 liter unchlorinated water into a sterilized glass container.
- Wrap the ginger and loose tea in a piece of cheesecloth and tie with a string. Drop the cheesecloth bag into the water and put the container in direct sunlight; leave it for 3 to 5 hours. (If you are using tea bags, wrap the ginger in cheesecloth and add the tea bags separately.) 3. Remove the cheesecloth bag and put the container in the fridge; the tea will keep for 3 to 4 days. Sweeten as desired, and serve over ice.