- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- 1¼ cups (175 g) sunflower seeds
- ½ cup (45 g) unsweetened shredded coconut ¼ cup (35 g) sesame seeds
- ½ cup (75 g) dried cranberries or raisins, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup (120 ml) brown rice syrup
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 325°F / 170°C. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the sunflower seeds, coconut, sesame seeds, cranberries, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and stir well.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil over low heat. Add the syrup and whisk until uniform. Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and fold quickly to incorporate it before the mixture becomes too sticky. Spoon the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and smooth out the top with the back of an oil-greased spatula.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Using the edges of the parchment as handles, lift the cooled brittle off the baking sheet, and put it on a work surface. Crack the brittle into pieces, and store them in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.