- ¾ (80 g) stick butter
- 1 Savoy cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
- 2–3 garlic cloves, crushed, to taste
- 2 sheets vegetarian kombu, finely chopped
- 4 rehydrated dried shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1–2 tsp sherry vinegar, to taste sea salt
- large frying pan/skillet with a lid
How to Make It
- In a large frying pan/skillet over a medium heat, melt 50 g/3½ tbsp of the butter and then add the cabbage wedges. Cook for 5 minutes, until browned on one side, then turn the wedges over and cover the pan with the lid. Cook for 10 minutes, until tender and a little browned. Just before serving, season lightly with salt.
- Meanwhile, for the kombu garlic butter sauce, in a saucepan combine the garlic, kombu, mushrooms, vinegar and 225 ml/scant 1 cup water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and whisk in the remaining 30 g/¼ stick butter, a little at a time. Serve the warm cabbage wedges drizzled with the garlic butter sauce.