- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 cup dry hijiki (may also use arame or wakame)
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 carrot, cut in long thin strips; reserve some for garnish
- 1 daikon, cut in long thin strips; reserve some for garnish
- 3 ounces amaranth, cooked (chilled)
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Soak and rinse hijiki three times (each soak should be approximately 20-minutes for a total soak time of one hour), and set aside.
- Heat the walnut oil in a skillet and lightly sauté garlic, scallions, carrots, and daikon for about 1 minute.
- Combine the sautéed vegetables with the hijiki, amaranth, caraway seeds, salt and pepper in a salad bowl and mix well.
- Garnish with carrot and daikon.