- ½ cup pizza sauce (or pasta sauce)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 17 turkey pepperonis
- ¼ cup diced cooked chicken breast (or cooked light Italian sausage), optional
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of sweetener
- Pinch of black pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil coated with cooking spray. Pour the pizza sauce and mozzarella in a medium bowl. Slice the pepperonis into quarters and add them to the sauce mixture. If desired, add chicken or sausage. Stir until combined. Add the Parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, sweetener, and pepper. Stir again until everything is well combined.
- Set the wonton wrappers on the prepared baking sheet.
- Prepare a small bowl of water and set beside the baking sheet. Use a spoon to scoop about a tablespoon of filling into the center of each wrapper. (You could use a little more or less, just try not to overfill them or the filling will come out the sides when you are baking them.) Wet your finger in the water bowl and trace two of the wonton corners with your wet finger.
- Fold the wrapper in half to meet the two dry corners with the two wet corners. As you press to seal the two sides together, the water will act like glue to seal the corners shut. Once all the wonton wrappers are filled, give them a light spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden brown.