- Yield: 6 Servings
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 8 ounces sliced bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2½ cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
How to Make It
- Cook the bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat until crisp. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, paprika, and red pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Add the corn, broth, and half-and-half; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Puree half the soup in a blender and return to the pan. Season with ½ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Top with the scallions and bacon.