- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 cup dry black beans
- ¼ cup dry chickpeas
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- ½ purple onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 4 small-to-medium avocados (halved)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup hummus
How to Make It
- Prepare the black beans. Prepare the chickpeas.
- Heat the water or vegetable broth in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the cooked black beans, chickpeas, onions, and all the spices.
- Stir well to combine all the ingredients and softly cook the mixture until the water has almost evaporated, for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the avocado halves with the lime juice and some salt.
- Store the ingredients separately, or, serve the avocado halves with a scoop of the beans mixture and top with some hummus and salsa.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.