- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, with juices
- 2 15-oz cans black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ancho or other chile powder
- 1 cup jasmine or other long grain rice, uncooked
- 6 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- Guacamole and sour cream for serving
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place a skillet over medium heat. Add the broth or water, soy sauce, tomatoes, black beans, corn, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and chile powder. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer. Add the rice and stir to distribute evenly. Cover and transfer the skillet to the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and uncover. Sprinkle the cheese across the top of the casserole and transfer the uncovered skillet back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese has completely melted.
- Allow the casserole to rest out of the oven for 15 minutes. Serve directly to bowls with guacamole and sour cream.