These luscious treats mimic traditional peanut butter cups and are a lot of fun to make. Sweeten them up by adding more sugar while preparing the Sunflower Seed Butter or fill them with Chocolate Sunflower Butter to satisfy hard-core chocoholics.
- Yield: 24 mini cups
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 cups (480 g) chocolate chips
- ¾ cup (175 g) Sunflower Seed Butter
How to Make It
- Fill the cups of a 24-cup mini-muffin pan with foil liners. The pan provides additional structure.
- Melt the shortening over low heat. Add the chocolate chips and stir continuously until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Drop a small amount of melted chocolate (about 2 teaspoons) in the bottom of each liner. Work the chocolate halfway up the edges of the liners by carefully rolling the chocolate in each liner. Place the coated liners back in the muffin pan and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Add the sunflower seed butter in the center of the cups, using about ½ tablespoon per cup.
- Spoon the remaining chocolate on top of the butter, allowing it to seep down the sides to meet the bottom chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate the candies for at least an hour before serving, and up to 2 months. They are best kept refrigerated until an hour or two before serving; they will melt in warm weather and in your hands.