Supercharged with vitamins and minerals, this crisp green salad tastes delicious with the addition of creamy smooth avocado and crunchy toasted seeds.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 teaspoons tamari sauce or soy sauce
- 3½ cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups baby spinach
- ¾ cup thinly shredded kale
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 limes juice
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- pepper, to taste
How to Make It
- Place a skillet over high heat. Add the pumpkin, sunflower, and sesame seeds, cover and dry-fry for 3–4 minutes, or until lightly toasted and beginning to pop, shaking the pan from time to time. Remove from the heat and stir in the tamari sauce.
- Fill the bottom of a steamer halfway with water, bring to a boil, then put the broccoli in the steamer top, cover with a lid, and steam for 3–5 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to a salad bowl and add the spinach, kale, and cilantro.
- Put the avocados and half the lime juice in a small bowl and toss well, then transfer to the salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, put the remaining lime juice, the oil, honey, and a little pepper in a small bowl and whisk together with a fork. Sprinkle the toasted seeds over the salad and serve immediately with the dressing for pouring over the top.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.