For health reasons or allergy reasons, many people like to switch out wheat-based pasta for vegetable alternatives. This courgetti is a great addition to the combined flavours of chorizo and butternut squash and makes for a lower-carb but nutrient-rich meal for two.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 5½ oz (150 g) chorizo, thickly sliced
- ½ large butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into large cubes
- 2½ tablespoons (35 ml) coconut aminos or tamari
- 4 courgettes/zucchinis, made into courgetti using a spiralizer or julienne peeler (or a shopbought bag of courgetti, available in most supermarkets)
- Press the Sauté button on the multi-cooker and add the olive oil. When hot, add the onions to the pot and stir until nearly translucent. Add the chorizo and butternut squash and stir again. Add the coconut aminos or tamari and 2½ tablespoons water and stir again to deglaze the pot.
- Secure the lid in place and set to Manual or High Pressure for 3 minutes. At the end of cooking, use the QPR method. Add the courgetti and stir to combine, then replace the lid and leave to ‘mellow’ for 2 minutes before serving.