- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (cubed)
- 1 (14-oz) block extra firm tofu (drained, cubed)
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of parsley (optional, chopped)
How to Make It
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the garlic and onions until softened, around 5 minutes.
- Now add the bell peppers and stir until everything is tender and fragrant, around 5 more minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add all remaining ingredients except the optional parsley, and stir until everything is combined thoroughly.
- Cook the chili for 15-20 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are soft and the liquid has thickened. Make sure to stir often and add ½ cup more water if necessary; this will result in more soup-like consistency.
- Serve warm in a bowl, topped with the optional parsley if desired, and enjoy right away; or, store to enjoy later!
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.