This hot pot dish will warm you up on those chilly evenings with this light yet satisfying hot pot recipe.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
For Hot Pot
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups chicken stock, low-sodium
- 3 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, thinly sliced
- 14-ounces tofu, firm, cubed
- 8-ounces green beans, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 8-ounces lo-Mein noodles, cooked
- 3 cups Chinese cabbage leaves, sliced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, sliced
- Dipping sauces of your choice
How to Make It
- For hot pot, heat the oil in a large stockpot over mediumhigh heat.
- Add the onion and cook for two minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add the minced garlic and stir, and continue to cook until fragrant.
- Add the turmeric, chicken stock, ginger, brown sugar, curry paste and soy sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Ladle broth into the hotpot that is set up on the burner on the serving table.
- On platters around the hot pot place the dippers. Allow your diners to cook their dippers in the broth for several minutes, or until done as they desire.
- Add cooked lo-Mein noodles in the individual serving bowls.