- Yield: 4 Servings
- 6 cups Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- 1 pound (about 1 block) silken or soft tofu, drained,
- rinsed, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 ounces fresh spinach, cleaned and trimmed
- Salt and ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
How to Make It
- 1. Bring the chicken or vegetable stock to a boil in a medium pot. Add the ginger, scallion whites, and tofu and cover with a lid. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the tofu is heated through.
- 2. Add the spinach, stirring gently to avoid breaking up the tofu. Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Simmer for about another minute, until the spinach is wilted but not over-cooked.
- 3. Remove the soup from the heat, toss in the scallion greens, and drizzle the sesame oil on top. Ladle the soup into individual bowls and serve hot.