Tomatoes and seaweed complement each other well. This is a light, fresh salad that I enjoy with crackers and a spread.
- Yield: 1 large portion
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- ¼ oz (10 g) wakame and arame seaweed (mixed)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed sesame oil
- 1 tbsp neutral vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp ume vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
How to Make It
- Soak the seaweed in cold water for at least 10 minutes. Drain the seaweed just before using it. Remove the stems from the tomatoes, and cut them into bite-size pieces. Peel the onion and slice it finely.
- In a bowl, whisk together the two types of oil with the tamari and ume vinegar. Add the seaweed, tomato, onion, and sesame seeds, and toss everything gently to combine.