A classic Spanish omelet stuffed with potatoes and onions, you’ll want to eat this for lunch and dinner too!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
- 8 large eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs potatoes, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 cups yellow or white onions, thinly sliced
How to Make It
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and salt for a minute or two.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add in the potatoes and onions. Cook for about 25 minutes or until tender and soft. Drain the potatoes and onions over a bowl and reserve oil. Season potatoes and onions with salt.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add in the potatoes and onions and stir to combine.
- In the same skillet, add 3 tablespoons of the reserved oil over medium-high heat. Add in the egg mixture and swirl pan. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until bottom and sides start to set. Using a spatula, press the edges in to form the shape of a tortilla. Cook for 3-4 minutes longer, taking care not to burn the bottom.
- Carefully, place a flat plate or tray on top of the skillet and quickly invert omelet onto it. Add 1 tablespoon of reserved oil to the skillet and slide the omelet back into the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes more and then press in again at the side to form a rounded shape. Cook for 2 more minutes. Remove and serve. Enjoy!