- Yield: 4 Servings
- 7 oz (200 g) Greek feta cheese
- ½ head of iceberg lettuce or 1 lettuce such as romaine or escarole, shredded or sliced
- 4 tomatoes, cut into fourths
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 12 Greek black olives, pitted
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs, such as oregano, flat-leaf parsley, mint, or basil
For the Dressing
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Make the dressing by whisking together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper, in a small bowl. Set aside. Cut the feta cheese into cubes about 1 inch/2.5 cm square. Put the lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumber in a salad bowl. Scatter over the cheese and toss together.
- Just before serving, whisk the dressing, pour over the salad greens, and toss together. Scatter over the olives and chopped herbs and serve.