Until you taste it, you might not even believe it. But trust me, this might be your new favorite steak. Serve this dish with some red skin roasted potatoes, and you can certainly make anyone jealous of your meal.
- Yield: 4
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 4 medium tuna steaks
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2-3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Black Pepper
How to Make It
- You will want to work on the sauce first.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and add the cornstarch, flour, beef broth, and sherry wine. Stir constantly until you can see the mixture thickness changing.
- Add the cream, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer for now until you are ready to serve.
- Now, let’s take care of the tuna steaks.
- In an iron skillet, heat some butter and cook the mushrooms for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the tuna by seasoning both sides with the salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Add to the skillet with mushrooms and cook for about 7 or 8 minutes or each side, or less if you prefer to keep the inside almost raw.
- Add the mushrooms to your sauce and mix well.
- When serving, place the tuna steaks on your plate and add a generous portion of the mushroom sauce on top.
- I always make mashed potatoes to serve as a side, it just goes so well together.