These tuna cakes are no exception. You could make a similar recipe using salmon instead.
- Yield: 4
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 large cans tuna in water, well drained
- 1 tablespoon Fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Fresh chopped parsley
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons Sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Olive oil when cooking
How to Make It
- You will prepare the tuna cakes as you would burger patties.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the drained tuna, breadcrumbs, flour, and egg. Mix well.
- Add the seasonings, sour cream, herbs, and lemon juice. Use your hands to combine the ingredients well.
- Then, form 4 patties with your hands. Don’t make them too flat as they will burn too easily. Don’t make them too thick as they will take too long to cook through. (Usually, a thickness of ½ inch is perfect.)
- Heat olive oil on medium heat. Fry the 4 patties for about 7 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a bed of greens or even on fresh bread as a sandwich with a little spicy mayonnaise.