- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 cups chicken stock
- scant 1 cup mixed long-grain and wild rice
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- 8 oz (225 g) skinless, boneless turkey breast, trimmed of all visible fat and cut into thin strips
- 2 cups snow peas
- 4 oz (115 g) oyster mushrooms, torn into pieces
- ¼ cup shelled pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh garlic chives
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- fresh garlic chives, to garnish
How to Make It
- Set aside 3 tablespoons of the chicken stock and bring the remainder to a boil in a large pan. Add the rice and cook for 30 minutes, or until tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a preheated wok or skillet. Stir-fry the turkey over medium heat for 3–4 minutes, or until cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the turkey to a dish. Add the snow peas and mushrooms to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the reserved stock, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer for 3–4 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to the dish and let cool slightly.
- Thoroughly mix the rice, turkey, snow peas, mushrooms, nuts, cilantro, and garlic chives together, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the remaining corn oil and the vinegar and garnish with fresh garlic chives. Serve warm.