Wonderfully warming. If you’re out of turnips, just add a few more potatoes.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Cooking Time: 58 Minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups sliced chorizo
- 2 cups diced smoked ham
- 2 peeled and sliced potatoes
- 3 peeled and sliced turnips
- 8 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste with extra pepper
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 1½ cup kidney beans soaked in water overnight
- 2 cups collard greens
How to Make It
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Sauté the onions for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Stir the meats into the pot, then add the broth.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Simmer the broth for 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and turnips and simmer for an additional 15 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir the beans and collards greens into the pot and cook for 5 minutes.