There is just something about warm, melty Brie that draws everyone’s attention when you serve it. But when you top it with this honey fruit compote, you better believe it takes center stage! I love to use fruits that are in season, like berries during spring and summer and cranberries in fall and winter. You can easily substitute your favorite in-season fruit and make it your own. Serve with crackers or wedges of apples and pears.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 (8-ounce) wheel of Brie cheese
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a 2-quart saucepan set over medium-low heat, simmer the orange juice until reduced, about 3 minutes. Add the blueberries, blackberries, and orange zest and cook until the mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon, about 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the Brie on a 12-inch round ovenproof serving platter or in a medium ovenproof skillet. Bake until the cheese is softened, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, top with the warm fruit mixture and the nuts, and drizzle honey on top. Serve immediately.