- Yield: 1 Serving
- 1⁄8 cup sliced Vidalia onions, caramelized
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup + 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ pound chunk Chaumes cheese
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 2–4 tablespoons melted sweet butter, for grilling
- ¼ cup shredded Havarti cheese
How to Make It
- Combine basil, whole peppercorns, and water in a blender until mixed to a powder-like substance. Thoroughly knead the peppercorn mixture into the Chaumes cheese by hand and set aside.
- Brush 2–4 tablespoons melted butter on the outside of the 2 slices of bread. In an unheated sauté pan, place 1 slice of bread butter side down. Sprinkle shredded Havarti on the bread, followed by peppercorn mixture and caramelized onions. Place the other slice of bread on top, butter side up. Turn burner to medium heat.
- Let sandwich cook on medium heat for 3–5 minutes per side or until bread is golden brown. Cut on the diagonal and serve warm.