- Yield: 1 Serving
- 2–4 tablespoons melted sweet butter, for grilling
- 2 slices honey whole wheat bread
- 4 slices canned beets
- 4–5 pieces marinated artichokes
- 1⁄8 cup shelled, salted pistachios, halved
- ½ cup shredded provolone cheese
- Dried thyme, to taste
How to Make It
- Brush the melted butter on the outside of the 2 slices of bread. In an unheated sauté pan, place 1 slice of bread butter side down.
- Place beets, artichoke pieces, pistachios, and shredded provolone cheese on top. Sprinkle dried thyme to taste. Place other slice of bread on top, butter side up. Turn burner to medium heat.
- Let sandwich cook for 3–5 minutes per side or until bread is golden brown.
- Cut on the diagonal and serve warm.