A wonderful snack or dessert. Some people (we won’t name names) even enjoy them for breakfast!
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Cooking Time: 3 Minutes
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
How to Make It
- Combine the sugar and salt with 1 cup of water in a pan.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and remove from stove.
- Stir in the flour and beaten egg until you have a dough.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer. Place the dough in a pastry bag.
- Squeeze out small strips of dough into the hot oil.
- Fry for 3 minutes or until nicely browned.
- While the churros are frying combine the sugar and cinnamon on a plate.
- Let the churros drain on a paper towel and coat with the sugar/cinnamon mixture.