These juicy burgers are incredibly moist and packed full of a flavor that nobody will want to say no to. Topped off with cheddar cheese and homemade ketchup, this is a dish you will want to make every weekend.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil, evenly divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup of dried red wine
- ½ teaspoons of dried thyme
- 1 1/3 pounds of lean ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Four hamburger buns
- Lettuce, for serving
How to Make It
- In a skillet set over medium heat, add in 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add in the onion. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add in the dried red wine and dried thyme. Cook for 5 minutes or until reduced. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a bowl, add in the ground beef, onion mix and Worcestershire sauce. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper. Stir well to mix. Shape into 4 balls and flatten slightly into patties.
- In a skillet set over high heat, add in 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add in the burger patties. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your desired doneness.
- Top the burger patties with ¼ cup of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Transfer into the oven to bake for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove and place immediately on the hamburger buns. Top off with the lettuce and serve.