- Yield: 1 Serving
- 1⁄3 large, 12" ciabatta (approximately 4 inches in length)
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, sliced like thick-cut French fries
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill, divided
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, for frying
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey jack
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced
- Ketchup for side (optional)
How to Make It
- Slice bread horizontally. Discard top or save for another use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In mixing bowl, combine sliced potatoes, 1⁄8 teaspoon dried dill, 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika, and sea salt to taste. Toss until fries are completely covered.
- In a sauté pan, cook seasoned fries in 1 tablespoon oil, on medium heat, continually tossing/stirring. As fries cook, add 1⁄8 teaspoon dried dill, 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika, and sea salt to taste. Cook until fries begin to crisp and brown.
- Place the cooked fries on top of the ciabatta, followed by Monterey jack cheese and red onion. Bake on a baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with side of ketchup, if desired.