- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 tenderloin steaks, about 4 oz (115 g) each, fat discarded
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp ready-made English mustard
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz (175 g) new potatoes
- 4 oz (115 g) green beans, trimmed
- 6 oz (175 g) mixed salad greens, such as baby spinach, arugula, and mizuna
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, peeled, and cut into strips
- 6 oz (175 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- black olives, pitted, to garnish (optional)
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
How to Make It
- Place the steaks in a shallow dish. Blend the vinegar with 1 tablespoon of orange juice and 1 teaspoon of mustard. Pour over the steaks, cover, then let stand in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Turn over halfway through the marinating time.
- Place the eggs in a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Remove and plunge the eggs into cold water. Once cold, shell and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then cover and let simmer for 15 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain and set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the beans and cook for 5 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, plunge into cold water and drain again. Arrange the potatoes and beans on top of the salad leaves together with the bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and olives, if using. Blend the remaining orange juice and mustard with the olive oil and set aside.
- Heat a stovetop grill pan or griddle until smoking. Drain the steaks and cook for 3–5 minutes on each side or according to personal preference. Slice the steaks and arrange on top of the salad, then pour over the dressing and serve.