This is a very satisfying soup with a mild yet warming curry flavour.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 onion, halved and sliced 12 oz (350 g) butternut squash (peeled weight), chopped into 2 x 2-cm/¾ x ¾-in. cubes
- 3 tablespoons mild korma paste
- ½ teaspoon salt freshly squeezed juice of ½ small lemon
- 14-oz (1 x 400-g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (240 g/8½ oz. drained weight)
- 14-fl oz (1 x 400-ml) can coconut milk
- 6 oz (175 g) frozen spinach
- 1¼ cups (300 ml) vegetable stock, made with 1 teaspoon vegetable stock paste, or ½ vegetable stock cube and 300 ml/1¼ cups water
How to Make It
- Press the Sauté button on the multi-cooker. Add the ghee or coconut oil to the pot. When hot, add the onion and stir until translucent.
- Add the butternut squash and stir. Then stir in the korma paste, salt, lemon juice, chickpeas, coconut milk, spinach and stock, being sure to deglaze the pot at this stage.
- Secure the lid in place and set to Manual or High Pressure for 15 minutes. At the end of cooking, use the QPR method.