If you are looking for a delicious quick meal that is ready in less than half an hour from scratch, then this Italian classic is the meal for you.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- ¾ lb (350 g) fresh fettuccine pasta
- 1 oz (30 g) butter
- A handful of brown mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 50 mm (2”) clump of freshly ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh rosemary finely chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) light thickened cooking cream
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) parmesan, finely grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
How to Make It
- Cook the fresh pasta according to the packet directions.
- Now, on a medium heat, melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the sliced mushrooms. Cook to a light golden colour (about 5 minutes).
- Add the ginger and rosemary, stirring constantly for about 1 minute.
- Now drain the pasta and return to saucepan. Add both the egg and bacon mixtures to the pasta. Heat for a minute, folding gently over low heat until sauce thickens and sticks to the pasta. Serve hot immediately.