A cake topped with Asian dragon fruit ice cream and coconut filling.
For the Crust
- 1 ½ cup ground nuts (hazel nuts, almonds, pistachio, pecan)
- ½ apple
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp dry psyllium husks
For the Coconut Filling
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 young Thai coconuts flesh
- ½ glass coconut water
- 2-3 tsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp soaked basil seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
For the Dragon Ice Cream Filling
- ½ dragon fruit
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp basil seeds soaked
- 1/3 cup ground pine seeds
- 3-4 tbsp agave nectar
How to Make It
For the Crust
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and process.
- Apply on a dehydrator tray with a spatula and spread evenly thick.
- Make 3 round shape crusts, using a round shape cake cutter.
- Dehydrate for 4 hours and flip sides in between. For the Coconut Filling
- Put all the ingredients into a the blender and blend until the mixture gets a creamy texture, avoiding to make it too liquid.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before use. For the Dragon Ice Cream Filling
- Freeze the dragon fruits for 1-2 hours before use. Put the ingredients into the blender.
- Blend to make a smooth creamy mixture, but not too liquid.
- Freeze after you seal it with a plastic wrap.
- To avoid melting, freeze the coconut filling for around 30-40 minutes.
- Use a bottomless rounded shape cake mold or cutter.
- Place the bottom first layer crust and continue with the coconut filling.
- Then put the second crust layer and the second coconut filling. After the third layer crust, top with the dragon fruit ice cream.