Forget that tired old grapefruit for breakfast. Try this zippy smoothie instead. It’s got a complex flavor and the eye opening brightness that only a grapefruit can offer. Start your day the right way with this nutritious smoothie.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 each medium grapefruit, peeled
- ¼ cup frisee, chopped
- 2 each medium cucumbers, peeled
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup filtered water
- Sea salt to taste
- ¼ cup ice - ½ cup or filtered water
- Grapefruit zest, for garnish
How to Make It
- Place all of the ingredients, except the garnish in a high powered blender. Start on low, and then increase the speed to high. Blend until frothy. Garnish
- Top each glass off with grapefruit zest, and then serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.