When you think about sprouts, you may think of them as one of those ingredients only health nuts are into. Even though sprouts sometimes have up to twice the amount of nutrients as their seed counterparts, these sprouts taste nothing like rabbit food. They add a fresh taste to the lip-puckering sour apple flavor of this smoothie that health nuts, and everyone else, can appreciate.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 4 each tart green apples, cored
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup ice - 2 cups or filtered water
- Alfalfa sprouts, for garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except the garnish in a high powered blender. Start on low, and then increase the speed to high. Blend until smooth. Garnish
- Top each glass off with a small nest of alfalfa sprouts, and then serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.