- Yield: 6 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour
- 1 tablespoon solid cooking fat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium beetroots, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 250 ml Bone Broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- A small handful of chopped fresh basil
How to Make It
- Heat the cooking fat in a heavy-bottomed pot on medium heat. When the fat has melted and the pan is hot, add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another couple of minutes, stirring. Add the beetroot, carrot, thyme and rosemary and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the bone broth and salt; bring to a boil. Lower the heat, then cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Carefully transfer the mixture to a blender and purée.
- Add back to the pot and stir in the fresh basil, turning on the heat to cook for 5 more minutes.