Cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, artichoke hearts and a vibrant trio of peas give this pasta a springtime feel. Since all the ingredients are now available year-round, you can make this dish and enjoy that feeling even in January.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- ¾ lb (375 g) linguini
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14 oz (398 ml) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 20 snap peas, trimmed
- 20 snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup (125 ml) frozen peas
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 0.33 cup (80 ml) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped fresh basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the linguini and cook until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the garlic, artichokes, snap peas and snow peas. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a simmer.
- Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup (125 ml) of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta, reserved cooking liquid, frozen peas, cherry tomatoes, Parmesan, basil, salt and pepper to the skillet. Toss to combine, heat through for 1 to 2 minutes and serve.