- Yield: 6 oreo crabs
- ½ cup red chocolate candy melts
- 2 red Pull ’n’ Peel Twizzlers
- 6 Oreo cookies
- 12 candy eyes
- Red sprinkles, optional
- ¼ cup yellow candy melts, optional
How to Make It
- Melt your red candy melts in a candy melting electric pot according to the package instructions, or in the microwave at 30-second increments.
- Pull one Pull ’n’ Peel string from your Twizzler and cut it into six small pieces to use for legs.
- Place three of the small leg pieces about ¼ inch away from each other in parallel lines on a Silpat or wax paper–lined cookie sheet. Repeat the same step with the remaining three leg pieces about 1 inch from the other set of legs.
- Pull three Pull ’n’ Peel strings from your Twizzlers. Cut two diagonal lines toward the middle of these three Twizzlers to create a claw shape. Remove the remaining two strings.
- Dip Oreo in melted chocolate and fully cover with chocolate. Using a fork or candy melt dipping scoop, tap lightly to remove any excess chocolate from the Oreo.
- Place chocolate-covered Oreo on top of the three legs. Add claw pieces to either side of your Oreo, lightly pressing the Twizzler into the melted chocolate. Place eyeballs on top toward the front of your Oreo. Add sprinkles to the Oreo behind the eyes. If desired, melt yellow candy melts and use a cake-decorating paintbrush or toothpick to paint a small mouth on the front of your Oreo.
- Repeat with additional Oreos, then place crabs in refrigerator until hardened, approximately 20 minutes.