- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 ¼ cups diced parsnips with skin
- 1 cup sliced purple cabbage
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (molded into two teacups)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 recipe Parsnip Demiglace
- 2 tablespoons toasted black sesame seeds
- 2 ½ cups sliced parsnip
- 8 whole cloves
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon saffron threads
- 2 cups water
- 1½ cups apple juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
How to Make It
- In a medium-size saucepan sauté the vegetables in the oil for 4 minutes, covered, over high heat.
- Remove from the heat.
- Place a plate over the teacup filled with couscous; holding it firmly, invert the plate and cup together, then gently lift off the cup.
- Do the same for the other teacup mold.
- Top with the vegetables then with sauce. Sprinkle with the seeds and serve. Parsnip Demiglace
- Combine above ingredients in a medium-size saucepan; cook over high heat for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Approximately 1 cup of liquid should be remaining. Remove mixture from the heat.
- Process it in a blender or food processor until creamy.
- Add ½ cup of water if necessary to obtain a creamy consistency. Serve hot or cold over grains, or vegetables.