- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
How to Make It
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey, onions, and garlic to the skillet and cook, breaking up the turkey until it is cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes. Add the turkey mixture to a 6-quart slow cooker and add the bell pepper, kidney beans, pinto beans, corn, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chili powder, honey, salt, and black pepper. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Yields 8 Servings (1 cup per serving) Nutritional Information Per Serving: 192 calories; 1 gram fat; 26 grams carbohydrates; 7 grams fiber; 4 grams sugar; 20 grams protein When I’m in need of a quick and healthy meal and I don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen, I often whip up a batch of slow-cooked chili.
- Turkey chili is a wonderful slow cooker dish when you want a balanced meal that is warm and filling. This chili is great for kids, as it is pretty mild, and it’s bursting with flavor that is sure to please the whole family.